The issue of sustainability is now included in the core business of most industries and companies.
Sustainability, and climate protection in particular, was the main subject of discussion in the World Economic Forum in Davos at the beginning of 2020. It’s also the objective formulated by the European Commission with its New Green Deal. SAP has presented its Climate 21 initiative.
Investors are increasingly looking to sustainable companies, and significantly more growth can be achieved through sustainable products than conventional ones.
Digitization supports sustainability.
The SAP ERP and S4 HANA solutions provide comprehensive options for implementing sustainability and environmental solutions.
SI PRO has been designing and implementing SAP-based sustainability and environment solutions since 1999.
Sample SAP-based SI PRO projects in the field of sustainability:
Operational manual and automated data collection of air emissions (CO2 or GHG, heavy metals, etc.), water emissions, waste.
Automatic determination of current key figures from operational emissions data.
Solutions ensuring that no products that were manufactured using child labor or conflict minerals are purchased or utilized in the supply chain.
Integration of sustainability in the product development process and packaging development process.
Integration of sustainability in purchasing, sales and logistical processes, e.g. CO2 footprint of products and services.
Recycling administration of packaging, electronic scrap, and batteries.
Integration of sustainability costs in the fields of controlling and finance.
Dealing with hazardous substances responsibly.
Support with swift treatment of poisoning in children and adults.
Sustainability reporting in the areas of air emissions, water emissions, waste, energy, accidents, and occupational medicine. Annual report on financial statements and regular reporting on affiliated companies, business units, countries, sites, plants, and installations.
Automated sustainability reporting according to GRI, CDP, DJSI etc.
IT-supported collection and tracking of activities to improve the sustainability situation.
SI PRO is a supporting member of the UN Global Compact initiative and strives to operate in a way that is as sustainable as possible. For example, we use green electricity, rail cards for consultants, purchase sustainable products for office requirements, etc. The eco-efficiency of SI PRO is continuously tracked and visualized with an online monitoring function.
|SCIP- Database - ECHA|
SI PRO supports your planning, implementation and support of your SAP sustainability solution.
Typically we will conduct analyses for your sustainability solution according to your requirements. Examples of such analyses are business process analyses or analyses of environmental, social and conformity data, products and business partners in the supply chain processes.
We edit results and develop alternatives for implementation and To-Be processes and operational solutions for sustainability.
SI PRO usually applies best practice knowhow from more than 20 years experience in SAP sustainability projects. We can demonstrate within our SAP demo and development systems how requirements can be met.
A wide variety of necessary data are already available within SAP systems. SI PRO’s consultants can make this data available for your integrates sustainability project.
We advise and implement your SAP sustainability solution as a certified SAP consulting company.
SI PRO supports classic process models as well as agile methods according to customer requirements.
Technical implementation takes place as part of the implementation, i.e. customizing of SAP Standard Software. When necessary additional developments, customer specific reporting, mobile solutions and add-ons can be designed and implemented. Oftentimes interfaces to Non-SAP systems need to be realized within sustainability projects.
In general, the system needs testing after implementation. SI PRO can provide support during testing by conducting the tests as well as creating suitable test scenarios.
Affected users as well as other affected persons work most efficient and safe with those new functions when a comprehensive training took place. SI PRO offers according trainings.
For a successful implementation of sustainability solutions it is important to include an according training not only for “power users” but also for “occasional users”. Web-based trainings have proven to be an efficient training form for occasional users and the support of internal communication.
Once the solution has gone live, SI PRO continues to support its customers with additional services (such as rollout) and application and technical support. We also offer service level agreements with response times depending on the priority and business impact of the issue.
Below are some sample support offers.
- Telephone-based support/error analysis
- Ticket processing in the customer or SI PRO ticket system
- Support via VPN access
- On-site support
Headquarters: Ludwigshafen am Rhein
- Corporate and operative EHS Sustainability Reporting
- SAP GTS Trade Compliance
- ECHA Poison Center Notification
Project: Implementation of a corporation-wide SAP PLM / EHS solution
Consulting Support SI PRO Consulting:
- Concept SAP PLM Specification management
- Concept SAP PLM Recipe Development
- Implementation, Test, Go Live
- SAP PLM R&D Fragrance Database
- Integration SAP QM, SAP MM, SAP batch management
- Concept SAP EHS solution
- Implementation SAP EHS Product Safety, Dangerous Goods
- Implementation SAP REACH solution
- Roll Out activities in Austria, France and Japan
Headquarter: Kanton, Baden Aargau
SI PRO for AXPO implemented projects from 2012 till 2014
- Implementation of SAP EHS environment for dangerous goods and occupational safety
- Blueprint and implementation of a global specification data base with SAP EHS
- Automated generation of standard operating procedures and further safety relevant documents
- Implementation, development and support of SAP EHS Global Label Management to label dangerous goods
- Development multi-lingual label templates with a dynamic language selection
- Location depending definition of printing processes
- Implementation of several client specific developments within the project scope
SI PRO für die Hamburg Port Authority realisierte Projekte
- Implementation of SAP EHSM Risk Management for occupational risk management in occupational safety (creation of risk assessments)
- Implementation of SAP EHSM Incident Management to record incidents relevant to occupational safety
- Design & implementation of location structure
- Client specific customization of user interfaces and automated workflows within GBU-creation processes
- Definition and customizing of BW-integration with extensive analysis tools
- Design of templates for various reports (summary reports, operating instructions, accident reports, etc.)
- Interface development for connecting an external hazardous substance database
Project: Implementation SAP Quality Management and SAP EHS as part of an overall SAP implementation
- Implementation of SAP EHS hazardous substance management according to REACH regulations
- Implementation of SAP Quality Management for raw material procurement and production process
- Mapping of global and local specifics of all global locations
Services provided by SI PRO:
- Requirements analysis of As-Is situation
- Requirements of To-Be solution with SAP EHS and SAP QM
- Customizing SAP EHS Hazardous Substances Workbench and SAP QM
- Replacement of old systems, data mapping, data migration
- Blueprint and development of client add-ons
- Implementation of company processes in SAP, e.g. Quality Management, test management, labelling, traceability, supplier management
SI PRO Projects for Brenntag
- Further development and European SAP EHS System for chemical trade 2nd and 3rd level
- Chemical distribution, specialty chemicals, life science, material science
- SAP EHS PS, DG, Content, eSDB, REACH, GLM, MDG Integration
Project: Maintenance of SAP EHS application in context EUROSAP and Asia
- Ariel Content Support
- Additional support SAP EHS Product Safety
- Maintenance SAP GTS
- Maintenance SAP foreign trade in logistics
- ABAP and WWI developments
- Technical Support
Construction year: 1911
SI PRO projects for Airport Hamburg
- Implementation of SAP EHSM Risk Management for operational risk management within occupational safety (creation of risk assessment)
- Design & implementation of location structure
- Blueprint & implementation automated workflows within GBU creation process
- Blueprint & customizing SAP BW with detailed analysis tools
- Design of templates of regulatory relevant reports
- Concept and implementation location structure
- Implementation of SAP EHS solution for hazardous substances management inclusive hazardous substance register
- Automatic creation of standard operating procedures and further safety relevant documents
- Implementation of client specific developments within project scope (e.g. approval workflow and approval process)
SI PRO projects for Max-Planck Society
- Implementation risk assessment
- Implementation accident management
- Implementation hazardous substances management
- Implementation health and safety briefings with SAP Learning Solution and implementation of additional developments
- Integration SAP HCM
- Integration SAP Portal Application
- Roll out
- Long-term maintenance of the application
Project: Implementation of SI PRO Health and Safety Briefing Monitor
- Central IT-solution for health and safety briefings
- Integration of SAP EHSM
- Integration SAP Learning Solution
Services provided by SI PRO:
- Project planning
- Complete project realization
- Creation of individual catalogue of measures
- Blueprint, specification and implementation of add-ons
- Preparation and conduction of key user trainings
Why you should choose
SI PRO has been advising on SAP EHS solutions since the earliest versions were released, and offers the most comprehensive level of best practice know-how.
Our consultants are familiar with specific issues, business processes, the latest SAP solutions, technologies, and appropriate procedures.
We can support you throughout your project’s entire life cycle, from analyzing your requirements to project planning, implementation, and maintenance.