The SAP Document Management System serves as a cross-application component of a number of SAP modules. It is a central administration service for all types of documents – both for documents that the company has obtained from third parties (inbounds) and documents that were created in-house (outbounds). The DMS enables content servers to be connected via HTTP for example, to ensure the high performance of the SAP system.
Within the SAP system, the Document Management System can directly link to various documents (such as sales or purchasing) by means of generic object services, or else use document info records to provide extensive meta information that can be used for searching.
Document management plays a special role within PLM because large numbers of documents have to be processed: supplier documents for raw materials, product data sheets, technical data sheets and many others.
SAP DMS supports the business objects of recipe and specifications, both when it comes to (PDF) files that need to be uploaded, and generating documents from the PLM data.
SI PRO has over 15 years of experience in designing and implementing reporting templates for specifications. Enhancing these templates with ABAP is also part of our day-to-day project work.
|Hazardous Substance Management|
Specifications are the data basis for various documents. This includes Compliance documents such as the safety data sheet (see SI PRO’s services in the field of EHS) as well as product documents for PLM. SAP PLM uses the same technological basis as in EHS, which means that document templates can be designed flexibly and easily.
Both ad hoc reports and versioned reports are supported when documents are created. The PLM standard solution naturally provides the option of generating these documents in different languages and for different countries.
Companies in the process industry have to manage a number of recipe documents: this includes supplier documents that are linked to internal recipes, as well as internal recipe-related documents for different addressees (customers, company departments, etc.)
Supplier documents can be loaded as inbounds in the recipe header. For internal recipe documents, just like with specifications documents, WWI provides a technology that enables you to design them flexibly and attractively.
Headquarters: Basel, Schweiz
Project: Implementation of SAP PLM for COOP Bakery and Chocolate manufacturing companies
Project services provided by SI PRO:
- Scoping for COOP Bakeries
- Scoping for Chocolate Halba / Sunray
- Business Blueprint for SAP PLM RD
- Design PLM “to be” IT system landscape
- Mapping of the project requirements to SAP PLM Recipe Development
- SAP PLM Customizing (Specification Management, Recipe Development, Labelling, TREX)
- COOP Bakery: 5 Plants, 49 instore bakeries
- COOP Chocolats Halba /
- Sunray – baking ingredients, Oils, dried fruits
Project: Implementation of SAP PLM Recipe Development with SAP PP-PI integration, and data migration from a non-SAP system
- Development of a tool within the SAP PLM RD solution for efficient recipe creations
- Automation of the BOM interface
- Data structure analysis of the existing system and translation to SAP
Project services by SI PRO (selection):
- Project planning
- Blueprint of the business process design
- Integration in other SAP modules (PP-PI, MM)
- Migration programs for specifications, recipes, labels and other objects
- Implementation of workflows
Projects realized by SI PRO for Bayer
- Implementation of SAP PLM / EHS system for Bayer CropScience
- SAP PLM Specification Management
- SAP PLM Recipe Management
- SAP PLM Packaging Development
- SAP EHS “new substance registration”
- SAP EH&S Product Safety (integrate processes and data)
- SAP EH&S Dangerous Goods (integrate processes and data)
- Roll-outs of SAP PLM / EHS in European country organizations
- Roll-outs of SAP PLM / EHS for CropScience companies in USA, Asia and South America
- Implementation of SAP PLM / EHS for Bayer MaterialScience,
- Support of SAP EHS for Bayer Healthcare
Project: Implementation of SAP PLM Specification Management for packaging products
- Central IT-Solution for packaging product development interfaced with production planning
- Migration of third-party specification management system
- Adoption of highly sophisticated, strong hierarichal data model into PLM database structure
SI PRO Project Services:
- Blueprinting, Specifications of Add-ons
- Design and implementation of a highly sophisticated, strong hierarchical data model making heavy use of PLM specification inheritance technology
- Customizing and Configuration in PLM Specification Management
- Customer-specific setup of PLM specification database
- Customer-specific setup of document templates for specification documents
- Adoption of SAP standard graphical user interface: customer specific menu entries
- Design (SAP roles) of complete specification authorization management
- Design and implementation of several tailored specification maintenance enhancing functions:
- automated creation of inheritance relations
- automated calculation of dependent specification data
- customer specific search functionalities
- Design and implementation of interfaces to LO-VC Variant configuration via direct filling and several non-SAP modules via XML-file exports
Headquarters Klüber: Munich
Project: Replacement of the legacy system LIMS by SAP PLM and SAP Quality Management
- Extension of the existing SAP PLM
- Maximal utilization of the SAP standard with minimal client specific developments
- Introduction of an „electronic laboratory notebook“ for consistent documentation of all relevant recipes
Projektservices SI PRO (Auswahl):
- Preparation and organization of requirement workshops
- Adjustment and extension of existing SAP PLM functions
- Integration of SAP Quality Management in SAP PLM (result recording)
- Development and adjustment of WWI report templates (recipe report, trial report, laboratory sample label)
Why you should choose
SI PRO has been advising on SAP PLM solutions since the earliest versions were released, and offers the most comprehensive level of best practice know-how.
Our consultants are familiar with specific issues, business processes, the latest SAP solutions, technologies, and appropriate procedures.
We can support you throughout your project’s entire life cycle, from analyzing your requirements to project planning, implementation, and maintenance.