In industry, customer requirements are increasing and product life cycles are accelerating. The number and complexity of regulatory requirements are also increasing at the same time.
The new SAP S/4HANA Product Compliance solution enables digitization while complying with statutory provisions in business processes, from product development to executing supply chain processes.
These statutory requirements of potential target markets can be taken into account early on during product development, and ensured by means of checks. Or, when sales orders are entered, you can check whether a product can be marketed in a specific country or statutory validity area. Marketability tests can still be used to dynamically check dangerous goods regulations, chemicals legislation, safety data sheet requirements and various other regulations, and customer-specific specifications.
Compliance requirements from the supply chain processes are automatically determined via workflows. Extensive statutory data is available as content to support product conformity. Workflows and release steps support the maintenance of any missing data or the management of data changes. Powerful monitoring tools are available for monitoring compliance. Changes to products, target markets, laws, organization and supply chain processes are verified online. This considerably reduces the risk of non-compliance with the statutory provisions or loss of business, penalties, and a loss of image with external and internal stakeholders.
New and Changed EHS Requirements
In the EHS division, new requirements are arising all the time as a result of changing legislation or business models and processes, which have to be implemented in companies with the use of IT solutions.
Digitization Options with SAP
We advise our customers on implementing existing and new requirements with IT solutions. In doing so, we derive alternatives, determine criteria for assessing the alternatives together with our customers, and evaluate reports.
SI PRO can usually also bring in best practice know-how gained from a number of feasibility studies and implementations.
SI PRO already has experience in projects for the new SAP S/4HANA Product Compliance solution.
Feasibility Study for Project Planning
We use our SAP demo and development systems in feasibility studies, project preparations, or proofs of concept to demonstrate how the requirements can be implemented. We also create activity plans with scoping and expense planning for an implementation project.
As an SAP EHS specialist, we advise on and implement your SAP EHS solution. Below are some sample project phases and activities in this context.
Project Management and Procedures
SI PRO supports classic procedural models and even agile methods such as scrum and kanban, depending on customer preferences. Classic project management tools or even tools such as Confluence and Jira can be used to support the documentation and communication processes in the project.
Analysis and Blueprint
To achieve a successful IT project, analyzing the current situation and precisely defining the target situation is extremely advantageous. To ensure this, SI PRO analyzes the current and/or target processes in workshops with the customer and optimizes these as necessary with a view to the functionalities to be implemented. This analysis results in an extensive blueprint with a functional and technical detailed design, which will form the basis for the following implementation for the customer project.
The technical implementation takes place as part of the implementation, that is, the Customizing of the SAP standard software. Additional developments through to add-ons are designed and realized here as required. Other examples can be customer-specific reporting (using Adobe technology, for example) or customer-specific Fiori apps. Interfaces to other SAP systems or connections to non-SAP systems can also be achieved in this phase. The solutions that are implemented are functionally tested and documented.
Integration Test/User Acceptance Test
Once the settings and developments have been implemented in the system according to the blueprint’s specifications, the new functions have to be tested thoroughly before they can be transported into the production system. SI PRO can provide support with creating appropriate test scenarios as well as their implementation.
The new functions can best be used efficiently and safely once the relevant users and other relevant people have been trained extensively in using them. SI PRO offers corresponding training in the system. There is also the option of creating training documents and web-based training.
Si PRO provides support with preparing for and refining source data and data migration. SAP standard tools or tried and tested SI PRO migration tools are used for this. SI PRO has know-how of various systems resulting from migration projects such as Atrion/Sphere, Celanese Tool, ChemGas or Siemens Interspec.
Go Live Preparation
Once testing has been successful and employees have been trained, the production system should go live as soon as possible afterwards to ensure that the knowledge gained can be applied directly and isn’t quickly forgotten. SI PRO provides support during the go live phase by means of technical checks, setting up jobs and performing a qualitative check for the completeness of the relevant master data at various levels (material, substance specifications, business partners, etc.).
We offer technical support and application support to our customers. We offer service level agreements with response times that depend on the priority and business impact. Below are some sample support offers.
- Telephone-based support/error analysis
- Ticket processing in the customer or SI PRO ticket system
- Support via VPN access
- On-site support
- Regular support meetings (on a weekly or monthly basis)
SI PRO works with the following roles to comply with the required service levels:
The dispatcher monitors the support tickets and requests, and intervenes where necessary in distributing the tickets to the designated support staff. The dispatcher ensures that information is exchanged seamlessly with the customer’s organization, and operates as a single point of contact.
The supporters analyze the tickets that are assigned to them according to the requested response times, and respond to the ticket that was created in accordance with the SLAs. The response can consist of a proposed solution (such as eliminating master data errors) or even a proposal for additional solution processing (such as ABAP coding or correcting Customizing).
Headquarters: Ludwigshafen am Rhein
- Corporate and operative EHS Sustainability Reporting
- SAP GTS Trade Compliance
- ECHA Poison Center Notification
Project: Implementation of a corporation-wide SAP PLM / EHS solution
Consulting Support SI PRO Consulting:
- Concept SAP PLM Specification management
- Concept SAP PLM Recipe Development
- Implementation, Test, Go Live
- SAP PLM R&D Fragrance Database
- Integration SAP QM, SAP MM, SAP batch management
- Concept SAP EHS solution
- Implementation SAP EHS Product Safety, Dangerous Goods
- Implementation SAP REACH solution
- Roll Out activities in Austria, France and Japan
Headquarter: Kanton, Baden Aargau
SI PRO for AXPO implemented projects from 2012 till 2014
- Implementation of SAP EHS environment for dangerous goods and occupational safety
- Blueprint and implementation of a global specification data base with SAP EHS
- Automated generation of standard operating procedures and further safety relevant documents
- Implementation, development and support of SAP EHS Global Label Management to label dangerous goods
- Development multi-lingual label templates with a dynamic language selection
- Location depending definition of printing processes
- Implementation of several client specific developments within the project scope
SI PRO für die Hamburg Port Authority realisierte Projekte
- Implementation of SAP EHSM Risk Management for occupational risk management in occupational safety (creation of risk assessments)
- Implementation of SAP EHSM Incident Management to record incidents relevant to occupational safety
- Design & implementation of location structure
- Client specific customization of user interfaces and automated workflows within GBU-creation processes
- Definition and customizing of BW-integration with extensive analysis tools
- Design of templates for various reports (summary reports, operating instructions, accident reports, etc.)
- Interface development for connecting an external hazardous substance database
Project: Implementation SAP Quality Management and SAP EHS as part of an overall SAP implementation
- Implementation of SAP EHS hazardous substance management according to REACH regulations
- Implementation of SAP Quality Management for raw material procurement and production process
- Mapping of global and local specifics of all global locations
Services provided by SI PRO:
- Requirements analysis of As-Is situation
- Requirements of To-Be solution with SAP EHS and SAP QM
- Customizing SAP EHS Hazardous Substances Workbench and SAP QM
- Replacement of old systems, data mapping, data migration
- Blueprint and development of client add-ons
- Implementation of company processes in SAP, e.g. Quality Management, test management, labelling, traceability, supplier management
SI PRO Projects for Brenntag
- Further development and European SAP EHS System for chemical trade 2nd and 3rd level
- Chemical distribution, specialty chemicals, life science, material science
- SAP EHS PS, DG, Content, eSDB, REACH, GLM, MDG Integration
Project: Maintenance of SAP EHS application in context EUROSAP and Asia
- Ariel Content Support
- Additional support SAP EHS Product Safety
- Maintenance SAP GTS
- Maintenance SAP foreign trade in logistics
- ABAP and WWI developments
- Technical Support
Construction year: 1911
SI PRO projects for Airport Hamburg
- Implementation of SAP EHSM Risk Management for operational risk management within occupational safety (creation of risk assessment)
- Design & implementation of location structure
- Blueprint & implementation automated workflows within GBU creation process
- Blueprint & customizing SAP BW with detailed analysis tools
- Design of templates of regulatory relevant reports
- Concept and implementation location structure
- Implementation of SAP EHS solution for hazardous substances management inclusive hazardous substance register
- Automatic creation of standard operating procedures and further safety relevant documents
- Implementation of client specific developments within project scope (e.g. approval workflow and approval process)
SI PRO projects for Max-Planck Society
- Implementation risk assessment
- Implementation accident management
- Implementation hazardous substances management
- Implementation health and safety briefings with SAP Learning Solution and implementation of additional developments
- Integration SAP HCM
- Integration SAP Portal Application
- Roll out
- Long-term maintenance of the application
Project: Implementation of SI PRO Health and Safety Briefing Monitor
- Central IT-solution for health and safety briefings
- Integration of SAP EHSM
- Integration SAP Learning Solution
Services provided by SI PRO:
- Project planning
- Complete project realization
- Creation of individual catalogue of measures
- Blueprint, specification and implementation of add-ons
- Preparation and conduction of key user trainings
Why you should choose
SI PRO has been advising on SAP solutions since the earliest versions were released, and offers the most comprehensive level of best practice know-how.
Our consultants are familiar with specific issues, business processes, the latest SAP solutions, technologies, and appropriate procedures.
We can support you throughout your project’s entire life cycle, from analyzing your requirements to project planning, implementation, and maintenance.