The European Union (EU) Strategy for Plastics in the Circular Economy is working toward the goal of ensuring that all plastic packaging is recyclable 2030. As one of several reforms of the EU Green Deal, the EU Plastic Tax has since 2021 required EU member states to pay a plastic tax per kilogram of non-recycled plastic waste as an annual contribution to the EU budget. Thus far, Spain, Italy, and the UK have introduced a "Plastic Tax" to help finance components of the EU Green Deal.
The recyclability of all plastic packaging is part of EPR (Extended Producer Responsibility) schemes as well as voluntary agreements with reporting to various NGOs.
The SAP component SAP Recycling Administration (SAP REA) and the new component SAP Responsible Design and Production (SAP RDP) can be utilized to implement the requirements of the Plastic Tax and the requirements of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
Advantages of SAP solutions
- Mapping of relevant master data - articles, packaging, fractions, single use plastic, recycled plastic, exceptions etc.
- Reuse of existing data (e.g., parts lists with packaging data)
- Ability to integrate data from third party systems and CSV files
- Tracking of relevant business transactions, i.e., production and import, exclusion export with integration to SAP sales, purchasing, materials management
- Compliance with legal reporting obligations
- Integration SAP SD pricing, integration SAP CO controlling (accruals) and FI finance (payables tax)
- Joint solution to meet Plastic Tax and legal requirements for disposal of packaging, electrical and electronic equipment
- Digitalization of sustainability
- Basis for the development of sustainable products
- Better transparency for customers and stakeholders
|SAP Responsible Design and Production|
|SAP Waste Management|
SI PRO assists you with the planning, implementation, and support of SAP Recycling and Plastic Tax.
Typically, we conduct customer workshops at the beginning of the project on the following topics.
- Project goals, scoping
- Master data concept - articles, packaging, fractions
- Integration of bill of materials (BOM), material and partner master data
- Recycling partners, price lists
- Integration of packaging specifications
- Identification of relevant business processes (production, importing, sales etc.)
- Master data maintenance processes
- Concept for roles, e.g. recycling and Plastic Tax experts, packaging engineers, sustainability management, sales and product management
- Authorization concept
- Training plan
We prepare results and develop alternatives for implementation, and design target business processes to provide operational solutions.
SI PRO brings industry leading best practices and in-house expertise, developed from a history of over 20 years in SAP sustainability projects.
With our SAP demo and development system, we can demonstrate how requirements can be implemented.
As an SAP-certified consulting company, we advise on and implement the SAP Recycling Administration (SAP REA) component, as well as the new component SAP Responsible Design and Production (SAP RDP) Tax. Through participation in the SAP Partner Enablement program, SI PRO consultants have up to date knowledge on the latest SAP Responsible Design and Production (SAP RDP) functions.
SAP REA in SAP ERP or S4HANA are set up during implementation. The SAP Responsible Design and Production component is then integrated into SAP S4HANA using the Business Technology Platform (BTP). If required, older SAP ERP systems, SAP Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems, and systems from other manufacturers (e.g. Windchill) can also be integrated.
The SAP SD Sales and Distribution and SAP MM Material Management are further integrated into the system during implementation.
After implementation, each component must be thoroughly tested. To do so, SI PRO can create and execute the appropriate test scenarios.
Efficient and safe work with new functions is most effective after affected users and other relevant persons have been comprehensively trained. For this reason, SI Pro offers the corresponding system training.
Why you should choose
SI PRO has more than 20 years of experience consulting on SAP sustainability solutions, and offers the most comprehensive level of best practice know-how.
Our consultants are familiar with specific issues, business processes, the latest SAP solutions, technologies, and appropriate procedures.
We can support you throughout your project’s entire life cycle, from analyzing your requirements to project planning, implementation, and maintenance.