The new EU REACH regulation requires that substances that are placed on the market within the EU need to be registered with the European Chemical Agency (ECA). This regulation applies not only to chemical companies, but to any company that uses chemicals.
SI PRO offers consulting services for REACH Compliance Management with SAP. Our REACH expertise is based on various implementations of SAP solutions for REACH compliance, e.g. EH&S Substance Volume Tracking.
Below we have listed individual SAP components for integrated REACH compliance management and typical requirements for their implementation. In the box below you find an overview of SAP's solutions for REACH compliance management and typical challenges and questions regarding the planning and management of the REACH registration process.
Integration EH&S System - Prepare EH&S substance database for REACH relevant data elements e.g. provide necessary master data structures for Substance Volume Tracking. Typical requirements in this context are the substance definition according to REACH, requirements on substance compositions, cascading, data elements on list substance level, data elements on real substance level, data maintenance instructions, integration into material concept, etc.
Interface IUCLID5-EH&S - IUCLID is the software application used to capture, store, maintain and exchange data on the intrinsic and hazard properties of chemical substances. Companies need IUCLID to fulfill their obligation to submit data to the ECA. The implementation of the IUCLID 5 interface requires, amongst other activities, the definition and implementation of a data ownership and data maintenance model as well as property and phrase mapping.
EH&S Substance Volume Tracking (SVT) and ERP Master Data - EH&S Substance Volume Tracking determines and stores the produced and imported quantities on a list substance level. All relevant business processes need to be considered and the respective selection criteria need to be maintained (Document Types, Plants, Materials, Movement Types, etc.) in the Substance Volume Tracking configuration. Substance Volume Tracking functionality can also be used to comply with other regulations e.g. DSL/NDSL.
EH&S Substance Volume Tracking (SVT) - Global Trade Server (GTS) Interface - GTS is the tool to centrally define, execute and control global trade compliance rules within SAP. The SVT-GTS interface enables SAP customers to check the REACH compliance status of all exports and imports.
We offer the following consulting and development services:
- Implementation of EHS Substance Volume Tracking
- Design of business processes for registration dossiers
- Integration SAP GTS
- Use of cProjects (Project Management, Substance Assessment)
- Use of cFolder (data exchange with internal and external partners)
- Integration registration database
- Dossier creation with SAP EHS
- Interface IUCLID 5.0
- Integration LIMS-Systems
- Adaptation of Safety Data Sheets
- Which substances are affected?
- Which data elements are required for registration?
- What is the status of the exiting data elements?
- Which studies must be conducted?
- Did the vendor register?
- Are the registered substance volume limits sufficient?
- Does the non-EU vendor have a representative in the EU?
- Are all products registered?
- What are my customers' use and exposure scenarios ?
- What is the monetary value of a substance?
- Does the required data exist for all Recipes / Bills of Materials?
- Is our own exposure scenario registered?
- Are all input and output materials registered?
Regulatory Affairs / REACH Program Manager
- What is the status of the registration?
- Are manufacturing and purchasing in compliance?
- Have all required dossiers been sent to the ECA completely and in the correct format?
- What are the registration costs?
SI PRO Projects for Brenntag
- Further development and European SAP EHS System for chemical trade 2nd and 3rd level
- Chemical distribution, specialty chemicals, life science, material science
- SAP EHS PS, DG, Content, eSDB, REACH, GLM, MDG Integration
Headquarters: Ludwigshafen am Rhein
- Corporate and operative EHS Sustainability Reporting
- SAP GTS Trade Compliance
- ECHA Poison Center Notification
Project: Implementation of a corporation-wide SAP PLM / EHS solution
Consulting Support SI PRO Consulting:
- Concept SAP PLM Specification management
- Concept SAP PLM Recipe Development
- Implementation, Test, Go Live
- SAP PLM R&D Fragrance Database
- Integration SAP QM, SAP MM, SAP batch management
- Concept SAP EHS solution
- Implementation SAP EHS Product Safety, Dangerous Goods
- Implementation SAP REACH solution
- Roll Out activities in Austria, France and Japan
Headquarter: Kanton, Baden Aargau
SI PRO for AXPO implemented projects from 2012 till 2014
- Implementation of SAP EHS environment for dangerous goods and occupational safety
- Blueprint and implementation of a global specification data base with SAP EHS
- Automated generation of standard operating procedures and further safety relevant documents
- Implementation, development and support of SAP EHS Global Label Management to label dangerous goods
- Development multi-lingual label templates with a dynamic language selection
- Location depending definition of printing processes
- Implementation of several client specific developments within the project scope
SI PRO für die Hamburg Port Authority realisierte Projekte
- Implementation of SAP EHSM Risk Management for occupational risk management in occupational safety (creation of risk assessments)
- Implementation of SAP EHSM Incident Management to record incidents relevant to occupational safety
- Design & implementation of location structure
- Client specific customization of user interfaces and automated workflows within GBU-creation processes
- Definition and customizing of BW-integration with extensive analysis tools
- Design of templates for various reports (summary reports, operating instructions, accident reports, etc.)
- Interface development for connecting an external hazardous substance database
Project: Implementation SAP Quality Management and SAP EHS as part of an overall SAP implementation
- Implementation of SAP EHS hazardous substance management according to REACH regulations
- Implementation of SAP Quality Management for raw material procurement and production process
- Mapping of global and local specifics of all global locations
Services provided by SI PRO:
- Requirements analysis of As-Is situation
- Requirements of To-Be solution with SAP EHS and SAP QM
- Customizing SAP EHS Hazardous Substances Workbench and SAP QM
- Replacement of old systems, data mapping, data migration
- Blueprint and development of client add-ons
- Implementation of company processes in SAP, e.g. Quality Management, test management, labelling, traceability, supplier management
Project: Maintenance of SAP EHS application in context EUROSAP and Asia
- Ariel Content Support
- Additional support SAP EHS Product Safety
- Maintenance SAP GTS
- Maintenance SAP foreign trade in logistics
- ABAP and WWI developments
- Technical Support
Construction year: 1911
SI PRO projects for Airport Hamburg
- Implementation of SAP EHSM Risk Management for operational risk management within occupational safety (creation of risk assessment)
- Design & implementation of location structure
- Blueprint & implementation automated workflows within GBU creation process
- Blueprint & customizing SAP BW with detailed analysis tools
- Design of templates of regulatory relevant reports
- Concept and implementation location structure
- Implementation of SAP EHS solution for hazardous substances management inclusive hazardous substance register
- Automatic creation of standard operating procedures and further safety relevant documents
- Implementation of client specific developments within project scope (e.g. approval workflow and approval process)
SI PRO projects for Max-Planck Society
- Implementation risk assessment
- Implementation accident management
- Implementation hazardous substances management
- Implementation health and safety briefings with SAP Learning Solution and implementation of additional developments
- Integration SAP HCM
- Integration SAP Portal Application
- Roll out
- Long-term maintenance of the application
Project: Implementation of SI PRO Health and Safety Briefing Monitor
- Central IT-solution for health and safety briefings
- Integration of SAP EHSM
- Integration SAP Learning Solution
Services provided by SI PRO:
- Project planning
- Complete project realization
- Creation of individual catalogue of measures
- Blueprint, specification and implementation of add-ons
- Preparation and conduction of key user trainings
Why you should choose
SI PRO has been advising on SAP solutions since the earliest versions were released, and offers the most comprehensive level of best practice know-how.
Our consultants are familiar with specific issues, business processes, the latest SAP solutions, technologies, and appropriate procedures.
We can support you throughout your project’s entire life cycle, from analyzing your requirements to project planning, implementation, and maintenance.